14 Ways to
Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity in the Work
1) Page yourself over the intercom. Don't
disguise your voice.
2) Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly
the same outfits. Wear them one day after your boss does.
This is especially effective if your boss is of a different gender
3) Send e-mail to the rest of the company telling
them exactly what you are doing.For example: "If anyone needs me,
I'll be in the bathroom."
4) Hi-Lite your shoes. Tell people you
haven't lost them as much since you did this.
6) While sitting at your desk, soak your fingers
in Palmolive liquid. Call everyone Madge.
6) Hang mosquito netting around your
cubicle. When you emerge to get coffee or a printout or
whatever, slap yourself.
7) Put a chair facing a printer. Sit there all
day and tell people you arewaiting for a document.
8) Every time someone asks you to do something,
anything, ask them if they want fries with that.
9) Send an e-mail back and forth to yourself
engaging yourself in an intellectual debate. Forward the mail
to a co-worker and ask her to settle the disagreement.
10) Encourage your colleagues to join you in a
little synchronized chair-dancing.
11) Put your trash can on your desk. Label
12) Feign an unnatural and hysterical fear of
13) Send e-mail messages saying there's free
pizza or donuts or cake in the lunchroom. When people drift
back to work complaining that they found none, lean back, pat your
stomach and say, "Oh, you've got to be faster than that."
14) Put decaf in the coffee maker for three
weeks. Once everyone has withdrawn from caffeine addiction,
switch to espresso.